Saturday, February 12, 2011

To post or not to post..

So I'm sitting here wanting to post some more of my photos that I took in Europe and also something to do with love coz, well, we've all heard those two words of what is happening on Monday enough by now so I wont say it again but I'd already posted all of my Europe street love photography a while back but I also had another folder which has a different kind of love, but still a very important one, of a parent and a child.
I've mentioned it before but when starting out my trip in the summer I went to an exhibition at the Tate modern about Voyeurism. I don't know if it was because I had seen that exhibition or just because I always try and see whatever beauty is going on around me that I began to notice a lot of photos cropping up of children by themselves or with their parents. So here was my dilemma was if I should post these photos online or not. I have printed them in my book but that isn't as seen as something like a blog post.

As you can obviously tell I decided that I feel like it is okay for me to post these photos. Street photographers have always taken photos of children and families without consent and even though times have changed with the invention of the internet from the days when street photography was born the ideal is still the same, to create that iconic image that will get you known, for good or for bad. I'm hoping that you will see the beauty in these photos as I do.










No comments:

Post a Comment